If you are familiar with Korean food, we are sure you must be aware of “Kimchi.” For the unversed, it’s a dish made with fermented vegetables, including carrots, napa cabbage and daikon radish. It carries different flavours including garlic, gochugaru, and spring onions among others. This staple dish has slowly gained popularity across the globe. Apart from all this, kimchi is highly nutritious and healthy. It’s good for gut and heart health. So, if this description piqued your interest in the food item, you must include it in your diet. And one of the most delicious ways could be kimchi fried rice. Wondering about the recipe? Chef Guntas has shared a tasty version of kimchi fried rice on Instagram.
For the caption, she mentioned, «Kimchi is a star ingredient! It can literally transform any dish and make it an absolute delight. This Kimchi Fried Rice is all you need to add some spice and tang to your boring day!»
1) Cooking oil – 1 tablespoon
2) Garlic (chopped) – 1 tablespoon
3) Onion (diced) – 1
4) Carrot – 1
5) Kimchi (roughly chopped) – ¾ tablespoons
6) Kimchi liquid – 2 tablespoons
7) Cooked rice – 2 cups
8) Gochujang – 1 tablespoon
9) Light soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
10) Sesame oil – 2 tablespoons
11) Rice wine vinegar – 1 tablespoon
How to make Kimchi fried rice?
1) First, take some kimchi and chop it up. Put that aside. Now, take a kadhai, and heat some cooking oil in it. Put finely chopped garlic, spring onions, and carrots, and basically add whatever vegetables you like. Mix well.
2) Then, put kimchi (roughly chopped), followed by gochujang, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar and the kimchi water. Blend it all nicely. Add the leftover white rice to it.
3) Put some chopped spring onions into it. Give it a good mix. Kimchi fried rice is ready.
4) Chef Guntas also mentioned that you can use some greens on top and sesame seeds for garnishing.
Alongside, the chef has also mentioned some important tips that will help you while preparing this rice:
1) If you want to make perfect kimchi fried rice, use leftover rice that has been kept in the refrigerator overnight. That is the best for this recipe.
2) To add more flavours to your recipe, use kimchi juice. It adds a velvety texture to the fried rice.
Next time, if you have leftover rice at home and you are bored with the regular rice dishes, do prepare this sumptuous Kimchi fried rice. You are going to love it.